MP stages dharna in Lok Sabha after adjournment
New Delhi: A Member of Parliament on Monday resorted to a novel way of protest as he staged a sit-in inside the Lok Sabha for hours after it was adjourned sine die, giving the authorities a tough time.
L Rajgopal, member of Congress from Vijaywada, was anguished over the destruction caused by rains in Andhra Pradesh and wanted to raise the issue in the House, sources said.
However, as he did not get an opportunity to air his views in the House because of pandemonium and subsequent sine die adjournment, he resorted to the novel protest.
He staged a sit-in inside the House after it was adjourned at around 12.05 PM.
Authorities had a tough time in making him end the protest and finally Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal had to step in to persuade him at around 6 PM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why