MP stages dharna in Lok Sabha after adjournment
New Delhi: A Member of Parliament on Monday resorted to a novel way of protest as he staged a sit-in inside the Lok Sabha for hours after it was adjourned sine die, giving the authorities a tough time.
L Rajgopal, member of Congress from Vijaywada, was anguished over the destruction caused by rains in Andhra Pradesh and wanted to raise the issue in the House, sources said.
However, as he did not get an opportunity to air his views in the House because of pandemonium and subsequent sine die adjournment, he resorted to the novel protest.
He staged a sit-in inside the House after it was adjourned at around 12.05 PM.
Authorities had a tough time in making him end the protest and finally Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal had to step in to persuade him at around 6 PM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'