MP stages dharna in Lok Sabha after adjournment
New Delhi: A Member of Parliament on Monday resorted to a novel way of protest as he staged a sit-in inside the Lok Sabha for hours after it was adjourned sine die, giving the authorities a tough time.
L Rajgopal, member of Congress from Vijaywada, was anguished over the destruction caused by rains in Andhra Pradesh and wanted to raise the issue in the House, sources said.
However, as he did not get an opportunity to air his views in the House because of pandemonium and subsequent sine die adjournment, he resorted to the novel protest.
He staged a sit-in inside the House after it was adjourned at around 12.05 PM.
Authorities had a tough time in making him end the protest and finally Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal had to step in to persuade him at around 6 PM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"