MP stages dharna in Lok Sabha after adjournment
New Delhi: A Member of Parliament on Monday resorted to a novel way of protest as he staged a sit-in inside the Lok Sabha for hours after it was adjourned sine die, giving the authorities a tough time.
L Rajgopal, member of Congress from Vijaywada, was anguished over the destruction caused by rains in Andhra Pradesh and wanted to raise the issue in the House, sources said.
However, as he did not get an opportunity to air his views in the House because of pandemonium and subsequent sine die adjournment, he resorted to the novel protest.
He staged a sit-in inside the House after it was adjourned at around 12.05 PM.
Authorities had a tough time in making him end the protest and finally Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal had to step in to persuade him at around 6 PM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured