MPs absent during voting: Cong may take action
New Delhi: Congress may take action against
a dozen party MPs for their absence during voting in Lok Sabha
on opposition amendments to President`s Address including on
the NCTC which saw friends and foes of the party making common
A senior minister said that only three members had sought
permission to remain absent. The party will take a view but it
was premature to talk about any disciplinary action against
those not present at this stage, he said.
"We are collecting details of the exact number of members
who were actually not present," he said.
The party leadership could take serious cognizance of the
absence of MPs in view of the fact that a three-line whip
asking members to be present was issued for the day.
The minister, who declined to be identified, said that
the action of the Trinamool Congress, when its members marched
out of the House before voting, had caught the government
Leader of the Opposition Sushma Swaraj had said in the
Lok Sabha that the numbers on the vote had exposed
government`s claim of majority.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Dalai Lama urges Tibetan unity as political leader sworn in
- Online application process for NEET II available now. Check www.aipmt.nic.in
- Middle East refugees help Europe prosecute war crimes
- Six militants, soldier killed in separate Kashmir gunfights
- Hillary Clinton says she is ready for Donald Trump's fantasy campaign