MPs` conduct not consistent with oath: Sibal
New Delhi: Slamming the continued disruptions
in Parliament, Union Minister Kapil Sibal on Tuesday said MPs
indulging in such such conduct are not "doing things
consistent to the oath" they took as members.
"Having taken an oath to the Constitution our job is to
discuss, debate and inform. If we do not do that, then in a
sense we are not doing things consistent to the oath that we
have taken," Sibal told reporters outside Parliament House.
Replying to a question on functioning of Parliament
after it was adjourned till tomorrow, Sibal said, "It is our
job to work, we get paid for it. It is not just issue of
money, it is an issue of public service."
Asked about Opposition`s demand to rollback decision on
FDI in retail sector, he said, "I am only to talk about what
we are supposed to do here, it is not for me to comment on
He refused to be drawn into the issue of Lokpal Bill. "I
have refused to comment on these issues, please do not seek to
extract a comment from me," Sibal said.
Stressing his point that the House must be allowed to
function, Sibal said whoever is obstructing the functioning of
House is not paying allegiance to the oath they have taken in
the House and to the Constitution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29