MPs expelled for giving no-confidence notice, says Digvijaya
New Delhi/Hyderabad: Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh Tuesday said six MPs from Seemandhra were expelled from the party for giving no-confidence notice against the government.
He told reporters in the national capital that the party took action after its efforts to dissuade them from signing the notice for moving the no-confidence motion.
Asked if the expelled MPs could be suspended from the Parliament, Digvijaya Singh said it was in the domain of the Lok Sabha speaker.
"It`s not an issue," the Congress leader remarked when a reporter asked why the party did not take action against Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Redy, who moved a resolution in the state assembly to reject the Telangana bill.
Meanwhile, state Congress chief Botsa Satyanarayana said the suspension of the MPs was not related to the Telangana bill. He told reporters in Hyderabad that MPs have full freedom to express their views in tune with the aspirations of people of their respective regions.
Satyanarayana said the MPs could have voiced their views like Seemandhra ministers and legislators did in the state legislature during the debate on the Telangana bill.
Reacting to the expulsion of six MPs, YSR Congress party has termed it as a political gimmick. It asked why no action was taken against other MPs, ministers and the chief minister who defied the party stand on bifurcation.
"Congress leaders are puppets in the hands of the high command which is in a hurry to table the Telangana bill," said YSR Congress party spokesperson Gattu Ramachadra Rao.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan