MPs expelled for giving no-confidence notice, says Digvijaya
New Delhi/Hyderabad: Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh Tuesday said six MPs from Seemandhra were expelled from the party for giving no-confidence notice against the government.
He told reporters in the national capital that the party took action after its efforts to dissuade them from signing the notice for moving the no-confidence motion.
Asked if the expelled MPs could be suspended from the Parliament, Digvijaya Singh said it was in the domain of the Lok Sabha speaker.
"It`s not an issue," the Congress leader remarked when a reporter asked why the party did not take action against Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Redy, who moved a resolution in the state assembly to reject the Telangana bill.
Meanwhile, state Congress chief Botsa Satyanarayana said the suspension of the MPs was not related to the Telangana bill. He told reporters in Hyderabad that MPs have full freedom to express their views in tune with the aspirations of people of their respective regions.
Satyanarayana said the MPs could have voiced their views like Seemandhra ministers and legislators did in the state legislature during the debate on the Telangana bill.
Reacting to the expulsion of six MPs, YSR Congress party has termed it as a political gimmick. It asked why no action was taken against other MPs, ministers and the chief minister who defied the party stand on bifurcation.
"Congress leaders are puppets in the hands of the high command which is in a hurry to table the Telangana bill," said YSR Congress party spokesperson Gattu Ramachadra Rao.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic