MPs from UK, India discuss political changes
Chandigarh: A group of MPs from UK and India today held discussions on various issues concerning democratic procedures of parliamentary system, including Lokpal, and various political changes.
The meeting of lawmakers was organised by School of Government and Public Policy of O P Jindal Global University to discuss various issues concerning the relationship between the Centre and the States, process to make laws and the current challenges, a Haryana Government release said here.
Eight members of UK Parliament, Vice-chancellor of the university and Congress MP from Kurukshetra, Naveen Jindal along with three other MPs participated in the meeting.
Addressing the meeting, Speaker of Haryana Vidhan Sabha Kuldeep Sharma briefed them about the Indian federal system and the state`s legislative assembly.
During the meeting, the representatives of both the countries exchanged their views over issues of mutual interest including state list and concurrent list, parliamentary committees, election procedures, private and public sector, electoral expenditure, Lok Pal, media, changes due to information technology and other related subjects, the release added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'