MPs left fuming after not getting 1st class seats
Chandauli(UP)/Delhi: Upset over not getting
seats in AC first class coach, over 20 MPs from Bihar, who
travelled to capital on Patna Rajdhani, lodged a protest with
the Railway Minister, who today ordered "strong action"
against concerned official.
The MPs had to travel in AC second class from Patna to
New Delhi yesterday as their bogey could not be attached in
the train due to some technical fault, Railway sources said at
Mughalsarai Railway Station today.
On reaching Mughalsarai Railway station, the MPs including
Raghuvansh Prasad Singh (RJD) expressed their displeasure over
the arrangement and alleged that the Railways deliberately did
not pay heed to it, they said.
The MPs also said that they would raise the issue in Lok
Speaking in New Delhi, Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi
said, "I have apologised to them (MPs) over phone. I have
already started taking action against the senior most
officials involved in it".
"We have taken strong action and we will suspend the
senior most official involved in this. This is not acceptable
that Parliamentarians have to face this," Trivedi told
reporters outside Parliament House.
26 MPs were coming to the capital yesterday on the train.
However, railways could accommodate only 6 MPs with
their spouses in AC first class and rest were accommodated in
AC second class.
There are a total 22 berths in AC first class and 16
berths were already booked by passengers. "We could provide AC
first class berths to six MPs with their spouses and rest were
accommodated in AC second class," said a Railway Ministry
MPs and ex-MPs get free AC first class railway passes to
travel with their spouses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- MUST WATCH: One to be treasured! Virat Kohli's 200 and Sunil Gavaskar's generous applause
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ