MPs should live up to standards of founding fathers: Sonia
New Delhi: MPs should live up to the ideals of the founding fathers of the Constitution, Congress president Sonia Gandhi said on Sunday, adding the 60th anniversary of the first sitting of Parliament was an occasion for reelection on its achievements.
Gandhi said people outside the country had apprehensions about the success of democracy of the country.
She said the "journey of Parliament had not always been smooth or without challenges" and the anniversary "was also an occasion for reflection".
She emphasised that the independence of parliament must be protected at all costs.
She urged members to live up to the ideals of the constitution makers.
"Our conduct must be according to the standards of founding fathers," Sonia Gandhi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This is how billionaire Richard Branson looks after cheating death in a violent high-speed bike crash
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced
- Astronomers find a 'dark' Milky Way
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Fire kills at least 16 in Moscow printing works