MPs should live up to standards of founding fathers: Sonia
New Delhi: MPs should live up to the ideals of the founding fathers of the Constitution, Congress president Sonia Gandhi said on Sunday, adding the 60th anniversary of the first sitting of Parliament was an occasion for reelection on its achievements.
Gandhi said people outside the country had apprehensions about the success of democracy of the country.
She said the "journey of Parliament had not always been smooth or without challenges" and the anniversary "was also an occasion for reflection".
She emphasised that the independence of parliament must be protected at all costs.
She urged members to live up to the ideals of the constitution makers.
"Our conduct must be according to the standards of founding fathers," Sonia Gandhi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical