MPs should live up to standards of founding fathers: Sonia
New Delhi: MPs should live up to the ideals of the founding fathers of the Constitution, Congress president Sonia Gandhi said on Sunday, adding the 60th anniversary of the first sitting of Parliament was an occasion for reelection on its achievements.
Gandhi said people outside the country had apprehensions about the success of democracy of the country.
She said the "journey of Parliament had not always been smooth or without challenges" and the anniversary "was also an occasion for reflection".
She emphasised that the independence of parliament must be protected at all costs.
She urged members to live up to the ideals of the constitution makers.
"Our conduct must be according to the standards of founding fathers," Sonia Gandhi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi