MPs won`t get CWG flats: Kamal Nath
New Delhi: The government on Monday poured cold water on wishes of MPs to occupy the Commonwealth Games flats in Delhi, saying nothing of the sort will be done.
Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath said in Lok Sabha that 100 CWG flats are going to be auctioned soon.
Altogether 1,168 flats were constructed for the 2010 Games out of which DDA owns 711 flats.
These will not be given to MPs, Nath said adding otherwise there will be "hue and cry", which neither he nor the MPs would like in the "present scenario".
"I don`t want to be a victim. You also won`t like that. So, don`t think about that," the minister said while replying to a discussion on the Demands for Grants on Urban Development Ministry.
He said 52 flats for Lok Sabha MPs on BD road and 14 for Rajya Sabha MPs on Talkatora Road are under construction.
"Plan for constructing 460 flats on Feroz Shah Road and 400 flats in South Avenue is ready," he said.
On regularisation of unauthorised colonies in Delhi, Nath said the ministry has no problem in notifying those colonies but the state government has to do that first.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II