Mukherjee convenes meeting of political parties on Feb 8
New Delhi: Finance Minister and Leader of
the House in Lok Sabha Pranab Mukherjee, has convened a meeting
of leaders of political parties on February 8 in an apparent
bid to break the deadlock in Parliament.
The meeting has been convened over lunch for "mutual
consultations" over the budget session of Parliament, sources
With the winter session of Parliament washed out over
the Opposition demand for a Joint Parliamentary Committee
probe into the 2G spectrum scam, the Government apparently
wants to sort out issues to ensure smooth functioning of
Parliament in the budget session beginning February 21.
President Pratibha Patil had in her Republic Day
address on Tuesday made it clear that it was a joint
responsibility of all stakeholders to ensure smooth
functioning of Parliament.
However, both the opposition and government are firm
in their demands for and against a JPC probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday