Mukherjee convenes meeting of political parties on Feb 8
New Delhi: Finance Minister and Leader of
the House in Lok Sabha Pranab Mukherjee, has convened a meeting
of leaders of political parties on February 8 in an apparent
bid to break the deadlock in Parliament.
The meeting has been convened over lunch for "mutual
consultations" over the budget session of Parliament, sources
With the winter session of Parliament washed out over
the Opposition demand for a Joint Parliamentary Committee
probe into the 2G spectrum scam, the Government apparently
wants to sort out issues to ensure smooth functioning of
Parliament in the budget session beginning February 21.
President Pratibha Patil had in her Republic Day
address on Tuesday made it clear that it was a joint
responsibility of all stakeholders to ensure smooth
functioning of Parliament.
However, both the opposition and government are firm
in their demands for and against a JPC probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof