Mukherjee convenes meeting of political parties on Feb 8
New Delhi: Finance Minister and Leader of
the House in Lok Sabha Pranab Mukherjee, has convened a meeting
of leaders of political parties on February 8 in an apparent
bid to break the deadlock in Parliament.
The meeting has been convened over lunch for "mutual
consultations" over the budget session of Parliament, sources
With the winter session of Parliament washed out over
the Opposition demand for a Joint Parliamentary Committee
probe into the 2G spectrum scam, the Government apparently
wants to sort out issues to ensure smooth functioning of
Parliament in the budget session beginning February 21.
President Pratibha Patil had in her Republic Day
address on Tuesday made it clear that it was a joint
responsibility of all stakeholders to ensure smooth
functioning of Parliament.
However, both the opposition and government are firm
in their demands for and against a JPC probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?