Mukherjee convenes meeting of political parties on Feb 8
New Delhi: Finance Minister and Leader of
the House in Lok Sabha Pranab Mukherjee, has convened a meeting
of leaders of political parties on February 8 in an apparent
bid to break the deadlock in Parliament.
The meeting has been convened over lunch for "mutual
consultations" over the budget session of Parliament, sources
With the winter session of Parliament washed out over
the Opposition demand for a Joint Parliamentary Committee
probe into the 2G spectrum scam, the Government apparently
wants to sort out issues to ensure smooth functioning of
Parliament in the budget session beginning February 21.
President Pratibha Patil had in her Republic Day
address on Tuesday made it clear that it was a joint
responsibility of all stakeholders to ensure smooth
functioning of Parliament.
However, both the opposition and government are firm
in their demands for and against a JPC probe.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan