Mukherjee to represent Centre, Cong at Basu`s cremation
New Delhi: Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee
will represent the Centre and the Congress at the cremation of
Marxist veteran Jyoti Basu.
Congress sources said Mukherjee, also Bengal PCC chief,
will attend the cremation as the representative of the Union
Government as well as the party.
CPI General Secretary A B Bardhan and National Secretary
D Raja will go to Kolkata and represent their party at the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test