Mukul Rohatgi appointed Attorney General of India
New Delhi: The Narendra Modi government Thursday appointed senior advocate Mukul Rohatgi as the new Attorney General of India.
Rohatgi, who appeared for the Gujarat government in several 2002 post-Godhra riot-related cases, will serve as Attorney General of India for a period of three years, a statement said.
He succeeds GE Vahanvati who resigned following the rout of the Congress-led UPA in the 2014 general election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda