Mukul Rohatgi appointed Attorney General of India
New Delhi: The Narendra Modi government Thursday appointed senior advocate Mukul Rohatgi as the new Attorney General of India.
Rohatgi, who appeared for the Gujarat government in several 2002 post-Godhra riot-related cases, will serve as Attorney General of India for a period of three years, a statement said.
He succeeds GE Vahanvati who resigned following the rout of the Congress-led UPA in the 2014 general election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress