Mukul Rohatgi appointed Attorney General of India
New Delhi: The Narendra Modi government Thursday appointed senior advocate Mukul Rohatgi as the new Attorney General of India.
Rohatgi, who appeared for the Gujarat government in several 2002 post-Godhra riot-related cases, will serve as Attorney General of India for a period of three years, a statement said.
He succeeds GE Vahanvati who resigned following the rout of the Congress-led UPA in the 2014 general election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray