Mukul Roy shunted out of Railways
New Delhi: A day after he defied Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh`s directive to visit the site of a
railway accident in Assam, Trinamool Congress leader Mukul Roy
was on Tuesday removed from the Railway ministry.
Roy, who was hoping to be elevated to the Cabinet rank in
Railway Ministry after the exit of his leader Mamata Banerjee,
found himself left only with Shipping portfolio in the rank of
Minister of State.
Yesterday, he had refused to go to accident site at
Rangiya in Assam where 100 people were injured in a train
Asked about it, Roy had said "I am not the Railway
Minister. PM is the Railway Minister."
"I am only one of the three MoS` in the Railways. It is
the Prime Minister who is the Railway Minister," he had told
reporters in Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation