Mukul Roy shunted out of Railways
New Delhi: A day after he defied Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh`s directive to visit the site of a
railway accident in Assam, Trinamool Congress leader Mukul Roy
was on Tuesday removed from the Railway ministry.
Roy, who was hoping to be elevated to the Cabinet rank in
Railway Ministry after the exit of his leader Mamata Banerjee,
found himself left only with Shipping portfolio in the rank of
Minister of State.
Yesterday, he had refused to go to accident site at
Rangiya in Assam where 100 people were injured in a train
Asked about it, Roy had said "I am not the Railway
Minister. PM is the Railway Minister."
"I am only one of the three MoS` in the Railways. It is
the Prime Minister who is the Railway Minister," he had told
reporters in Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency