Mukul Roy shunted out of Railways
New Delhi: A day after he defied Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh`s directive to visit the site of a
railway accident in Assam, Trinamool Congress leader Mukul Roy
was on Tuesday removed from the Railway ministry.
Roy, who was hoping to be elevated to the Cabinet rank in
Railway Ministry after the exit of his leader Mamata Banerjee,
found himself left only with Shipping portfolio in the rank of
Minister of State.
Yesterday, he had refused to go to accident site at
Rangiya in Assam where 100 people were injured in a train
Asked about it, Roy had said "I am not the Railway
Minister. PM is the Railway Minister."
"I am only one of the three MoS` in the Railways. It is
the Prime Minister who is the Railway Minister," he had told
reporters in Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam