Mukul Roy shunted out of Railways
New Delhi: A day after he defied Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh`s directive to visit the site of a
railway accident in Assam, Trinamool Congress leader Mukul Roy
was on Tuesday removed from the Railway ministry.
Roy, who was hoping to be elevated to the Cabinet rank in
Railway Ministry after the exit of his leader Mamata Banerjee,
found himself left only with Shipping portfolio in the rank of
Minister of State.
Yesterday, he had refused to go to accident site at
Rangiya in Assam where 100 people were injured in a train
Asked about it, Roy had said "I am not the Railway
Minister. PM is the Railway Minister."
"I am only one of the three MoS` in the Railways. It is
the Prime Minister who is the Railway Minister," he had told
reporters in Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees