Mukul Roy shunted out of Railways
New Delhi: A day after he defied Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh`s directive to visit the site of a
railway accident in Assam, Trinamool Congress leader Mukul Roy
was on Tuesday removed from the Railway ministry.
Roy, who was hoping to be elevated to the Cabinet rank in
Railway Ministry after the exit of his leader Mamata Banerjee,
found himself left only with Shipping portfolio in the rank of
Minister of State.
Yesterday, he had refused to go to accident site at
Rangiya in Assam where 100 people were injured in a train
Asked about it, Roy had said "I am not the Railway
Minister. PM is the Railway Minister."
"I am only one of the three MoS` in the Railways. It is
the Prime Minister who is the Railway Minister," he had told
reporters in Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- MUST WATCH: One to be treasured! Virat Kohli's 200 and Sunil Gavaskar's generous applause
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ