Mulayam backs Ramdev on black money
New Delhi: In an important development, yoga guru Baba Ramdev secured the support of Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav in his movement against black money.
The SP chief, a key player in national politics post Uttar Pradesh win, said, “We are against black money and good that he (Ramdev) initiated the movement.
Baba Ramdev, who is on a mission to secure broad-based political support, said that he is talking to everyone and seeking support before launching a decisive campaign against black money from August 9.
“No one should say we didn’t speak to them,” he said.
He however made it clear that he won’t speak to anyone in the Congress except Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi, Manmohan Singh and Pranab Mukherjee.
Ramdev had met TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu in Hyderabad yesterday to seek support for his movement.
The Haridwar-based yoga guru has also met BJP chief Nitin Gadkari and RLD chief Ajit Singh to drum up support.
He has also sought appointment form Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, among others.
Ramdev may meet BJD chief and Orissa Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch