Mulayam backs Ramdev on black money
New Delhi: In an important development, yoga guru Baba Ramdev secured the support of Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav in his movement against black money.
The SP chief, a key player in national politics post Uttar Pradesh win, said, “We are against black money and good that he (Ramdev) initiated the movement.
Baba Ramdev, who is on a mission to secure broad-based political support, said that he is talking to everyone and seeking support before launching a decisive campaign against black money from August 9.
“No one should say we didn’t speak to them,” he said.
He however made it clear that he won’t speak to anyone in the Congress except Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi, Manmohan Singh and Pranab Mukherjee.
Ramdev had met TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu in Hyderabad yesterday to seek support for his movement.
The Haridwar-based yoga guru has also met BJP chief Nitin Gadkari and RLD chief Ajit Singh to drum up support.
He has also sought appointment form Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, among others.
Ramdev may meet BJD chief and Orissa Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?