Mulayam backs Ramdev on black money
New Delhi: In an important development, yoga guru Baba Ramdev secured the support of Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav in his movement against black money.
The SP chief, a key player in national politics post Uttar Pradesh win, said, “We are against black money and good that he (Ramdev) initiated the movement.
Baba Ramdev, who is on a mission to secure broad-based political support, said that he is talking to everyone and seeking support before launching a decisive campaign against black money from August 9.
“No one should say we didn’t speak to them,” he said.
He however made it clear that he won’t speak to anyone in the Congress except Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi, Manmohan Singh and Pranab Mukherjee.
Ramdev had met TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu in Hyderabad yesterday to seek support for his movement.
The Haridwar-based yoga guru has also met BJP chief Nitin Gadkari and RLD chief Ajit Singh to drum up support.
He has also sought appointment form Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, among others.
Ramdev may meet BJD chief and Orissa Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik tomorrow.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Film with Alia Bhatt not typical hero-heroine one: Shah Rukh Khan
- IPL 9: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders – Probably playing XIs; players to watch out for
- Amazing! Village in China painted with 3D colours to attract tourists; See PICS
- Vital facts about Kangana Ranaut's leaked image suppressed: Hrithik Roshan's camp
- Sunita Williams, team to ensure safe cargo flights to ISS