Mulayam demands ban on English in Parliament
Etawah: MPs should be banned from speaking in English in Parliament, Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav has said.
"There should be a ban on English address in Parliament. Countries which use their mother tongue are more developed. It`s the need of the hour to promote Hindi," Yadav said in a function here on Saturday night.
He was addressing a programme organised by Etawah Hindi Sewa Trust to felicitate persons involved in promotion of Hindi.
"The leaders of the country have double character as far as Hindi is concerned. They ask for vote in Hindi but give address in Parliament in English. This should be stopped," he said, clarifying that he was not against English language per se.
Yadav said people living in different regions should try to promote Hindi apart from their regional languages.
In his address, the SP chief also cautioned the Centre about China, saying the country could not be trusted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III