Mulayam keeps options open, may decide tomorrow
New Delhi: With Mamata Banerjee’s Trinamool Congress pulling out of the Congress-led coalition and reducing the UPA government to a minority, the parliamentary board of the Samajwadi Party (SP) will meet on Thursday to decide the party’s future course of action.
Speaking to reporters, SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav said, “Party’s parliamentary board will meet tomorrow to decide the future course of action whether to support the UPA government or not.”
Criticising the ruling coalition further, SP chief said, “I want to ask the Congress leadership what their government has given to people – price rise, corruption and inflation?”
Cautioning the UPA government, he said, “Congress should not take our past support for granted. The UPA government has totally lost its credibility. Those who are part of the government will be wiped out in the 2014 General Elections.”
The SP leader also affirmed that his party will participate in the nation-wide bandh called by the opposition parties on September 20 to protest the key policy decisions taken by the UPA government.
Samajwadi Party, a key outside supporter of UPA, has earlier announced that it will take an independent decision on its support to the government after Trinamool Congress pulled out of the ruling dispensation.
"Our decision will be independent. We will take a call after the September 20 bandh against FDI in retail and diesel price hike," SP General Secretary Ram Gopal Yadav said.
He also indicated that if need be, the meeting of the Parliamentary Board will be convened.
Asked whether the government will collapse following TMC`s decision, Yadav said it was a "serious issue".
"The Congress government is behaving as if it enjoys complete majority. It is taking decisions without consulting allies," Ram Gopal Yadav said.
He said Trinamool chief Mamata Banerjee was "forced" to pull out as she did not like the "style of functioning of the government".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!