Mulayam keeps options open, may decide tomorrow
New Delhi: With Mamata Banerjee’s Trinamool Congress pulling out of the Congress-led coalition and reducing the UPA government to a minority, the parliamentary board of the Samajwadi Party (SP) will meet on Thursday to decide the party’s future course of action.
Speaking to reporters, SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav said, “Party’s parliamentary board will meet tomorrow to decide the future course of action whether to support the UPA government or not.”
Criticising the ruling coalition further, SP chief said, “I want to ask the Congress leadership what their government has given to people – price rise, corruption and inflation?”
Cautioning the UPA government, he said, “Congress should not take our past support for granted. The UPA government has totally lost its credibility. Those who are part of the government will be wiped out in the 2014 General Elections.”
The SP leader also affirmed that his party will participate in the nation-wide bandh called by the opposition parties on September 20 to protest the key policy decisions taken by the UPA government.
Samajwadi Party, a key outside supporter of UPA, has earlier announced that it will take an independent decision on its support to the government after Trinamool Congress pulled out of the ruling dispensation.
"Our decision will be independent. We will take a call after the September 20 bandh against FDI in retail and diesel price hike," SP General Secretary Ram Gopal Yadav said.
He also indicated that if need be, the meeting of the Parliamentary Board will be convened.
Asked whether the government will collapse following TMC`s decision, Yadav said it was a "serious issue".
"The Congress government is behaving as if it enjoys complete majority. It is taking decisions without consulting allies," Ram Gopal Yadav said.
He said Trinamool chief Mamata Banerjee was "forced" to pull out as she did not like the "style of functioning of the government".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!