Mulayam meets Badal junior, scotches talk of Third Front
New Delhi: A day after pledging support to the UPA, Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on Saturday met Shiromani Akali Dal leader and Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal.
Refusing to divulge details about the meeting here, Yadav said his association with the Badals was old as Prakash Singh Badal was a close associate of Chaudhury Charan Singh.
Asked whether the meeting was part of his efforts to form a Third Front, Yadav said there were "no efforts" to form such an alliance.
In reply to a poser on whether he plans to bring a resolution in Parliament against the FDI in multi-brand retail, he said, "there is no proposal so far".
He said the Trinamool Congress actually had plan to move such a resolution. "We are protesting against FDI (in retail). She is protesting in her own way," he said.
The Samajwadi Party will decide its Parliamentary strategy against FDI and other latest government decisions only ahead of the Winter session of Parliament, he said. Yesterday when Trinamool Congress pulled out of the UPA, Samajwadi Party had pledged to continue support to the government saying it "does not want to let communal forces to come to power".
"Our support is clear. We will not let communal forces come to power. That is why I am supporting. I am not in UPA. But we are supporting so that communal forces do not go ahead," Yadav had said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended