Mulayam once again heaps praise on Advani, but says no tie-up with BJP
Varanasi: SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Sunday heaped praise on BJP leader LK Advani for the third time in as many weeks, but ruled out any alliance with BJP.
"People get angry when I say Advaniji is an honest person, he has suffered a lot during the country`s partition and has spent a life in hardship.
"But, if a person is truthful and honest, irrespective of the party he belongs to, he should be praised," said the SP chief, who had earlier described Advani as the "tallest leader" in the country.
At the same time ruling out an alliance with BJP, he said "I don`t agree with the policies of BJP. Even if all parties become allies of BJP, Mulayam Singh will not be the one. Our policies will never match with those of BJP.
"But I cannot say something against Advaniji, unless he does something wrong."
The former UP chief minister also praised Jawaharlal Nehru, saying although he was the son of a rich man, he participated in the freedom struggle and suffered a lot.
Yadav attacked the UPA government for its "weak" foreign policy, saying no country was standing by India at this hour.
"At the time of Sino-India war, our neighbour Sri Lanka was with us, among other countries. However, now it has left us," the former defence minister said.
Yadav also attacked the Centre on the issue of rise in prices of essential commodities.
"Godowns are full of wheat and rats are feeding on them. There is also no place to store sugar. But these items are getting out of reach of the common man due to corruption at all levels," he said.
Yadav also said, "People should be politically aware and keep changing governments, so that they are always on their toes."
He advised political leaders not to be carried away by any praise or criticism in the media.
On Advani`s remarks that partymen should not to be apologetic about Ayodhya movement and rather take pride in it, BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha, said, "Advaniji is a scholar. He carries a persona. Whatever he has said about Ram temple is right and we should be proud of it."
SP leader Azam Khan maintained that Advani had got "nothing" in return for his services to BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!