Mulayam once again heaps praise on Advani, but says no tie-up with BJP
Varanasi: SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Sunday heaped praise on BJP leader LK Advani for the third time in as many weeks, but ruled out any alliance with BJP.
"People get angry when I say Advaniji is an honest person, he has suffered a lot during the country`s partition and has spent a life in hardship.
"But, if a person is truthful and honest, irrespective of the party he belongs to, he should be praised," said the SP chief, who had earlier described Advani as the "tallest leader" in the country.
At the same time ruling out an alliance with BJP, he said "I don`t agree with the policies of BJP. Even if all parties become allies of BJP, Mulayam Singh will not be the one. Our policies will never match with those of BJP.
"But I cannot say something against Advaniji, unless he does something wrong."
The former UP chief minister also praised Jawaharlal Nehru, saying although he was the son of a rich man, he participated in the freedom struggle and suffered a lot.
Yadav attacked the UPA government for its "weak" foreign policy, saying no country was standing by India at this hour.
"At the time of Sino-India war, our neighbour Sri Lanka was with us, among other countries. However, now it has left us," the former defence minister said.
Yadav also attacked the Centre on the issue of rise in prices of essential commodities.
"Godowns are full of wheat and rats are feeding on them. There is also no place to store sugar. But these items are getting out of reach of the common man due to corruption at all levels," he said.
Yadav also said, "People should be politically aware and keep changing governments, so that they are always on their toes."
He advised political leaders not to be carried away by any praise or criticism in the media.
On Advani`s remarks that partymen should not to be apologetic about Ayodhya movement and rather take pride in it, BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha, said, "Advaniji is a scholar. He carries a persona. Whatever he has said about Ram temple is right and we should be proud of it."
SP leader Azam Khan maintained that Advani had got "nothing" in return for his services to BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi