Mulayam Singh meets PM Manmohan Singh
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Thursday met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and indicated that they discussed the Food Security Ordinance, which his party has opposed.
"When we meet the Prime Minister, it is obvious that there would be some discussion," he said when asked whether he discussed his party`s stand on the Food Security Ordinance with the Prime Minister.
Yadav, whose party is extending outside support to UPA, was at Prime Minister`s residence for nearly half-an-hour and left just before the Cabinet meeting was to begin.
Last week, Yadav had attacked Congress over the Food Security Ordinance, accusing it of indulging in vote bank politics and said its intentions were not good.
With Lok Sabha elections nearing, Congress is bringing the ordinance like it had brought rural employment scheme MNREGA before the previous polls, he had said.
Asked if his party was withdrawing support from the Government on the issue, he said this issue was irrelevant and his party had opposed several other initiatives of the Government in the past also.
Reacting to an Allahabad High Court ban on caste-based rallies, he said, "We welcome this judgement. Samajwadi Party does not organise such rallies. We are not a caste-based party."
Asked about the Brahmin rallies organised by his party in Uttar Pradesh, he said, "I had gone to one such rally but did not go to the other. I am not in favour of such rallies."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read