Mulayam to contest from 2 LS seats - Azamgarh and Mainpuri
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav will contest from the Azamgarh Lok Sabha seat, besides Mainpuri which he presently represents in Parliament.
"Due to demand of party leaders and workers, SP supremo will contest from both Azamgarh and Mainpuri seats," party`s national general secretary Ramgopal Yadav said here today.
The Samajwadi Party had earlier declared Uttar Pradesh cabinet minister Balram Yadav as the party`s candidate from Azamgarh, which has a sizable number of Muslim and Yadav population.
Speculations were rife regarding Mulayam`s candidature from the Azamgarh Lok Sabha constituency, but senior party leader Shivpal Yadav had earlier denied it saying that there was no such proposal.
In the 2009 elections, Mulayam won the Mainpuri seat by a margin of over 1.6 lakh votes. And BJP`s Ramakant Yadav won the Azamgarh constituency by nearly 50,000 votes. SP candidate Durga Prasad Yadav came third in the constituency behind BSP`s Akbar Ahmad Dampi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Insult to Prophet Mohammad: Dispose off case against Hindu Mahasabha leader in 4 weeks, SC tells Allahabad HC
- SHOCKING! Man beaten to death in Delhi for golgappas - Watch
- RSS questions Rahul Gandhi's remark, demands apology
- Delhi HC rejects plea against Raj Thackeray's security cover
- Eleven Turkish police killed in bombing blamed on PKK