Mulayam to contest from 2 LS seats - Azamgarh and Mainpuri
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav will contest from the Azamgarh Lok Sabha seat, besides Mainpuri which he presently represents in Parliament.
"Due to demand of party leaders and workers, SP supremo will contest from both Azamgarh and Mainpuri seats," party`s national general secretary Ramgopal Yadav said here today.
The Samajwadi Party had earlier declared Uttar Pradesh cabinet minister Balram Yadav as the party`s candidate from Azamgarh, which has a sizable number of Muslim and Yadav population.
Speculations were rife regarding Mulayam`s candidature from the Azamgarh Lok Sabha constituency, but senior party leader Shivpal Yadav had earlier denied it saying that there was no such proposal.
In the 2009 elections, Mulayam won the Mainpuri seat by a margin of over 1.6 lakh votes. And BJP`s Ramakant Yadav won the Azamgarh constituency by nearly 50,000 votes. SP candidate Durga Prasad Yadav came third in the constituency behind BSP`s Akbar Ahmad Dampi.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover's special YOGA session before wedding!
- Vijay Mallya says keen on paying up dues, but Rs 9000 default figure artificially inflated
- Tiananmen activist Lu Jinghua alleges 'India-China economic business deal' behind visa cancellation
- VIDEO: Prepare to laugh - 23 Hilarious Inzamam-ul-Haq run outs!
- DRT likely to rule on Vijay Mallya’s Diageo package today