Mulayam`s predictions should not be taken seriousl
Ahmedabad: A day after Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav said neither Congress nor BJP would get a majority in the 2014 general elections; BJP today said his predictions should not be taken seriously.
"I don`t know what exactly he has said but as far as Mulayam Singh Yadav is concerned, one should not trust him as his party acts under Congress pressure and ultimately ends supporting them," Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitely said here.
Yadav told party leaders in Lucknow yesterday neither of the national parties - BJP and Congress - would be able to form the government at the Centre after 2014 elections. He hinted that third front could form the government.
Jaitely is on a two-day visit to poll-bound Gujarat to review election-related preparations.
"As you are aware what Mulayamji has done on the issue of nuclear deal, and recently on Presidential elections. Samajwadi Party has lost reliability," he said.
Jaitley, however, refused to comment on the criticism of Narendra Modi government by former chief minister Keshubhai Patel who recently broke away from BJP to form Gujarat Parivartan Party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy