Mulayam`s remarks don`t bother Congress: Digvijay
New Delhi: The Congress on Monday said Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav`s remarks that the future belongs to coalition governments do not bother it. Besides, there was nothing new in it, he added.
"He has not said this for the first time. Some regional parties only follow power politics and such remarks don`t bother us," Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh told reporters here.
He said the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government is only bothered about the welfare of the people.
Mulayam Singh on Sunday said the era of one-party rule was over, and the future belongs to coalition governments. His son and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav told a TV channel that his party is prepared to withdraw support to the UPA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors