Mulayam`s remarks don`t bother Congress: Digvijay
New Delhi: The Congress on Monday said Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav`s remarks that the future belongs to coalition governments do not bother it. Besides, there was nothing new in it, he added.
"He has not said this for the first time. Some regional parties only follow power politics and such remarks don`t bother us," Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh told reporters here.
He said the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government is only bothered about the welfare of the people.
Mulayam Singh on Sunday said the era of one-party rule was over, and the future belongs to coalition governments. His son and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav told a TV channel that his party is prepared to withdraw support to the UPA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway