Mulling gender sensitisation in curriculum: HRD Minister
Kochi: In the backdrop of Delhi gang-rape incident, Union HRD Minister Pallum Raju today said he was contemplating to bring in aspects like gender sensitisation and respect for women in the curriculum as part of value education.
"It has to be part of curriculum," the minister told reporters here on the sidelines of a function here.
The minister said he would discuss and share his thoughts with the NCERT, UGC Chairman and National Curriculum framework on bringing it in the curriculum to sensitise the students.
"The gender sensitisation and respect to women has to be inculcated as part of etiquette, manners, culture and all these things should become an integral part of growing up. There is need to inculcate these values," he said.
Raju said he had also asked the UGC chairman and the ministry to bring in stronger rules and zero tolerance for inappropriate behaviour against women in the campuses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers