Mulling gender sensitisation in curriculum: HRD Minister
Kochi: In the backdrop of Delhi gang-rape incident, Union HRD Minister Pallum Raju today said he was contemplating to bring in aspects like gender sensitisation and respect for women in the curriculum as part of value education.
"It has to be part of curriculum," the minister told reporters here on the sidelines of a function here.
The minister said he would discuss and share his thoughts with the NCERT, UGC Chairman and National Curriculum framework on bringing it in the curriculum to sensitise the students.
"The gender sensitisation and respect to women has to be inculcated as part of etiquette, manners, culture and all these things should become an integral part of growing up. There is need to inculcate these values," he said.
Raju said he had also asked the UGC chairman and the ministry to bring in stronger rules and zero tolerance for inappropriate behaviour against women in the campuses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan