Mulling gender sensitisation in curriculum: HRD Minister
Kochi: In the backdrop of Delhi gang-rape incident, Union HRD Minister Pallum Raju today said he was contemplating to bring in aspects like gender sensitisation and respect for women in the curriculum as part of value education.
"It has to be part of curriculum," the minister told reporters here on the sidelines of a function here.
The minister said he would discuss and share his thoughts with the NCERT, UGC Chairman and National Curriculum framework on bringing it in the curriculum to sensitise the students.
"The gender sensitisation and respect to women has to be inculcated as part of etiquette, manners, culture and all these things should become an integral part of growing up. There is need to inculcate these values," he said.
Raju said he had also asked the UGC chairman and the ministry to bring in stronger rules and zero tolerance for inappropriate behaviour against women in the campuses.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III