Mulling gender sensitisation in curriculum: HRD Minister
Kochi: In the backdrop of Delhi gang-rape incident, Union HRD Minister Pallum Raju today said he was contemplating to bring in aspects like gender sensitisation and respect for women in the curriculum as part of value education.
"It has to be part of curriculum," the minister told reporters here on the sidelines of a function here.
The minister said he would discuss and share his thoughts with the NCERT, UGC Chairman and National Curriculum framework on bringing it in the curriculum to sensitise the students.
"The gender sensitisation and respect to women has to be inculcated as part of etiquette, manners, culture and all these things should become an integral part of growing up. There is need to inculcate these values," he said.
Raju said he had also asked the UGC chairman and the ministry to bring in stronger rules and zero tolerance for inappropriate behaviour against women in the campuses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...