Mulling gender sensitisation in curriculum: HRD Minister
Kochi: In the backdrop of Delhi gang-rape incident, Union HRD Minister Pallum Raju today said he was contemplating to bring in aspects like gender sensitisation and respect for women in the curriculum as part of value education.
"It has to be part of curriculum," the minister told reporters here on the sidelines of a function here.
The minister said he would discuss and share his thoughts with the NCERT, UGC Chairman and National Curriculum framework on bringing it in the curriculum to sensitise the students.
"The gender sensitisation and respect to women has to be inculcated as part of etiquette, manners, culture and all these things should become an integral part of growing up. There is need to inculcate these values," he said.
Raju said he had also asked the UGC chairman and the ministry to bring in stronger rules and zero tolerance for inappropriate behaviour against women in the campuses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka