Multi-pronged efforts to check black money: Govt
New Delhi: Undisclosed income of Rs 49,325 crore has been detected in the country in the last three years while tax evasion of Rs 600 crore has been found on inputs from abroad under multi-pronged efforts to check black money menace, government said on Friday.
The information has been contained in a 13-page fact-sheet released by the Finance Ministry in an apparent bid to blunt the campaign by yoga guru Ramdev, who has attacked government on the issue during his three-day fast here.
Detailing the steps taken in the country and outside, the fact-sheet says the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has detected undisclosed income of over Rs 32,000 crore besides seizing assets valued at over Rs 2,600 crore.
This, it added, was in addition to detection of undisclosed income of Rs 17,325 crore in surveys conducted at business premises by the Income Tax Department (ITD).
Government is also pursuing 43,265 pieces of information regarding suspicious transactions received from overseas and domestic agencies.
More than 12,500 pieces of information regarding details of asset and payments received by Indian citizens in several countries have been obtained "which are now under different stages of processing and investigation".
Further, 30,765 pieces of domestic information about suspicious transactions obtained by Financial Intelligence (FIU) too are being probed.
Government also disclosed that under Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA), investigation of information from German and France has led to detection of tax evasion of Rs.600 crore and realisation of Rs. 200 crore in taxes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues