Multi-pronged efforts to check black money: Govt
New Delhi: Undisclosed income of Rs 49,325 crore has been detected in the country in the last three years while tax evasion of Rs 600 crore has been found on inputs from abroad under multi-pronged efforts to check black money menace, government said on Friday.
The information has been contained in a 13-page fact-sheet released by the Finance Ministry in an apparent bid to blunt the campaign by yoga guru Ramdev, who has attacked government on the issue during his three-day fast here.
Detailing the steps taken in the country and outside, the fact-sheet says the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has detected undisclosed income of over Rs 32,000 crore besides seizing assets valued at over Rs 2,600 crore.
This, it added, was in addition to detection of undisclosed income of Rs 17,325 crore in surveys conducted at business premises by the Income Tax Department (ITD).
Government is also pursuing 43,265 pieces of information regarding suspicious transactions received from overseas and domestic agencies.
More than 12,500 pieces of information regarding details of asset and payments received by Indian citizens in several countries have been obtained "which are now under different stages of processing and investigation".
Further, 30,765 pieces of domestic information about suspicious transactions obtained by Financial Intelligence (FIU) too are being probed.
Government also disclosed that under Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA), investigation of information from German and France has led to detection of tax evasion of Rs.600 crore and realisation of Rs. 200 crore in taxes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- Congress targets Amitabh Bachchan over Modi govt's 2nd anniversary event, says 'wrong message being sent'
- WTO sees Brexit costing UK billions in trade tariffs: FT
- India business confidence dips to 5 month low in May
- 'Sultan's sherni Anushka Sharma heads to Patiala for 'Phillauri' shoot! – View pic
- Good rains to damp agricultural inflation, support Aug 9 RBI rate cut: BofA