Mumbai attack: Pakistan commission to visit India
Islamabad: An eight-member Pakistani judicial commission will leave for India Sep 21 to cross-examine the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack witnesses.
The commission was earlier scheduled to leave for India Sep 11 but the visit was postponed due to the 10-day Ganesh festival, Geo News reported on Tuesday.
The commission members will proceed to India via Wagah border checkpost in Punjab, the report said.
The Pakistan panel`s visit has been delayed twice this month. While India gave it a date for early September, the delegation could not leave after cancellation of their flight.
The visit was then fixed for Sep 7 but it was again cancelled due to the non-availability of flights.
The visit is expected to help the Pakistani authorities to investigate the seven Pakistani suspects who had allegedly facilitated the Mumbai attack.
The witnesses include the magistrate who recorded the confessional statement of captured Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab, the chief investigating officer and two doctors who conducted autopsy on the bodies of the other terrorists involved in the attack in 2008.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!