Mumbai attacker Kasab gets driving license!
Mathura: In an instance of the rot in the system, a `bogus` driving license was allegedly issued in the name of lone captured 26/11 terrorist Ajmal Kasab by the government transport office here.
The license was issued by the office of Assistant Regional Transport Officer (ARTO) after a local news channel, carrying out a sting operation, got an application moved in Kasab`s name, officials said on Sunday.
As the matter came to notice of the authorities, a probe was ordered into the incident, they said.
An FIR has been registered in this connection, City Magistrate Ram Araj Yadav said.
"The records of last 10 years are being checked by a team of RTO department. The team members are from outside. The situation will be clear after complete checking," he said.
It was alleged that Rs 5,000 were offered for procuring the license.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory