Mumbai blasts: ATS nabs suspect from Surat
Surat, Gujarat: In the first success in the July 13 Mumbai serial blasts case, the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) arrested one suspect from Surat early Tuesday.
Identified as one Yusuf, he is thought to have been involved in the serial blasts that killed 21 persons and left more than 100 injured.
The Maharashtra ATS in a joint operation with their Gujarat counterparts nabbed him in an early morning raid, around 3 am, from Limbayat area of Surat city.
As per preliminary reports, Yusuf’s phone was under surveillance after the blasts and during the probe it was found that he was talking to certain people in Maharashtra and Kerala about the blasts, following which his movements were kept under watch.
He has been taken to Mumbai and may be produced in court later today.
Yusuf is said to be hailing from Jalgaon in Maharashtra and had moved to Gujarat after the blasts.
Importantly, Union Home Minister P Chidambaram, who was in Mumbai yesterday, had held meetings with Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, Home Minister RR Patil and senior police officers about the progress of the probe into the July 13 blasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"