Mumbai blasts: ATS nabs suspect from Surat
Surat, Gujarat: In the first success in the July 13 Mumbai serial blasts case, the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) arrested one suspect from Surat early Tuesday.
Identified as one Yusuf, he is thought to have been involved in the serial blasts that killed 21 persons and left more than 100 injured.
The Maharashtra ATS in a joint operation with their Gujarat counterparts nabbed him in an early morning raid, around 3 am, from Limbayat area of Surat city.
As per preliminary reports, Yusuf’s phone was under surveillance after the blasts and during the probe it was found that he was talking to certain people in Maharashtra and Kerala about the blasts, following which his movements were kept under watch.
He has been taken to Mumbai and may be produced in court later today.
Yusuf is said to be hailing from Jalgaon in Maharashtra and had moved to Gujarat after the blasts.
Importantly, Union Home Minister P Chidambaram, who was in Mumbai yesterday, had held meetings with Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, Home Minister RR Patil and senior police officers about the progress of the probe into the July 13 blasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...