Mumbai blasts: High-level meet in Delhi
New Delhi: Union Home Secretary RK Singh, Thursday, chaired a high-level
meeting to take stock of security situation across the country in view of the serial blasts in Mumbai that left 18 dead and over 100 injured.
Briefing the press after the meeting, Singh said that the Maharashtra ATS and Crime Branch of Mumbai Police are jointly conducting the probe into the blasts with assistance from intelligence agencies.
“The NIA has three team led by an IG, the Director General of NIA is in Mumbai, four teams from CFSL labs are also there along with the post blast investigation team of the National Security Guards. They are assisting in the probe,” Singh said.
“Preliminary investigations have found that IEDs with ammonium nitrate were used. The IEDs were not crude but with some sophistication, those who made it had received training,” he added.
Detailing further, the Home Secretary said that the IED at Kabutarkhana in Dadar was placed over a bus shelter. The blast was of low intensity and left 10 people injured.
However the blast at the Opera house was powerful and lead to the death of 11 persons while 73 were injured. The bomb at Opera House was placed hidden beneath garbage, Singh said.
The third bomb that went off at Zaveri bazaar was concealed inside an umbrella and it left six dead and 50 injured.
Importantly, besides the 17 dead accounted by Singh, Home Minister P Chidambaram had revealed during his press conference in Mumbai that a severed head has been also found at one of the blast site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you