New Delhi: The Centre on Monday said it was
not ruling out the possibility of the involvement of jihadi or
saffron terror groups in last month`s triple blasts in Mumbai
and looking into all angles.
Home Minister P Chidambaram said Maharashtra Chief
Minister Prithviraj Chavan informed him yesterday that the
inputs received from the investigators suggested that there
was progress in the probe.
"Beyond that he has not shared with me and therefore I
am unable to share any details with you," Chidambaram told a
press conference here.
Asked about the possibilities of the involvement of
either saffron or jehadi militant groups in the July 13
incident, he said, "All possibilities are open and all leads
will be explored.
"I have not ruled out or ruled in any particular
possibility. So, we stand by that statement."
The home minister said he was in regular touch with
the Maharashtra government on the probe conducted by
Maharashtra ATS and the National Investigation Agency
associated with it from the very beginning.
Asked why probe into two major terror strikes in
recent times -- explosions in Pune`s German Bakery and July 13
in Mumbai -- were not handed over to NIA, Chidambaram said,
"As long as we are satisfied that the investigation is
proceeding on the right lines, we should allow the state
police to investigate.
"Pune has indeed been cracked. They have arrested one
or two persons. We know that some other suspects are not in
India. As far as Mumbai is concerned, ATS Maharashtra is the
lead investigating agency. NIA is associated from the first
day. NIA is coordinating investigations outside Maharashtra.
So, I think we should allow the investigation to proceed and
let us see. There is always time to take a decision."