Mumbai-bound express train derails
Mumbai: Six bogies of a Mumbai-bound express train derailed at Kasara Ghat near here in the wee hours of Saturday, but no one was injured in the mishap.
The Darbhanga-LTT (Mumbai) Express jumped off tracks at around 1 am, a Central Railway spokesperson told a news agency.
The train, with all passengers, reached Mumbai early morning, he said.
The derailment of Darbhanga-LTT holiday special affected traffic on the busy route, RK Kuthar, manager of Nashik Road Station, said.
While four trains - Manmad-Mumbai Panchavati Express, Bhusawal-Mumbai Passenger, Manmad-Pune and Tapovan Express - were cancelled, some others were diverted from Manmad via Pune-Daund route, he added.
Rail traffic on the Up route between Kasara and Igatpuri stations has slowed down, Kuthar said.
The derailment may have been caused by technical fault, the Railway official said, adding a team of engineers inspected the mishap site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam