Mumbai cannot progress till time Sena rules BMC: Nitesh Rane
Mumbai: With water issue gaining political
mileage, Nitesh Rane today said Mumbai cannot progress till
the time Uddhav Thackeray is there in Maharashtra and is
ruling the civic body.
"I think till the time Uddhav is there in Maharashtra
and his party is ruling the civic body the city cannot
progress and the water issue will never be resolved. I have no
expectations from Uddhav," Nitesh, who is backing MNS chief
and Uddhav`s estranged cousin Raj Thackeray over the water
issue, told reporters here.
Nitesh`s comments come in the wake of a proposed plan
of building 300 wells in the city at a cost of Rs 41 crore by
the Sena-ruled Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM).
"Those sitting at the helm in BMC- Mayor and the Standing
Committee Chairperson- are wasting public money, what is the
need to spent so much money and build new ones when we already
have 12,406 wells," asked Nitesh, son of Maharashtra Revenue
Minister Narayan Rane.
People of Mumbai who have voted for Sena candidates
showing their faith in the party but today they are not
getting water, a basic need, he said.
Nitesh backed Raj`s remark on Sena`s blood donation camp
to mark the foundation of Maharashtra in which he had said
that the party was sucking blood of people rather than solving
the water issue.
"Today people do not get water and the party is sucking
the blood," Nitesh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...