Mumbai: ED files chargesheet against Hasan Ali
Mumbai: The Enforcement Directorate (ED)on Friday filed a chargesheet against Pune-based businessman Hassan Ali in connection with cases related to tax evasion and money laundering in a Mumbai court.
According to reports, Ali has been charged under the Prevention of Corruption Act. Besides, the ED also filed a chargesheet against Khan’s close aide Kashinath Tapuriah, a Kolkata-based businessman, who is also under scrutiny over tax evasion..
The development also coincides with the suspension of a top ED officer for allegedly conducting a shoddy probe into the Hasan Ali Khan case in 2007.
ED officer Amrinder Kumar Singh, who was suspended on Thursday, is also likely to face a departmental inquiry in this regard.
Khan is accused of stashing USD eight billion in foreign banks including UBS Bank in Zurich, while Tapuriah is accused of aiding Khan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife