Mumbai: ED files chargesheet against Hasan Ali
Mumbai: The Enforcement Directorate (ED)on Friday filed a chargesheet against Pune-based businessman Hassan Ali in connection with cases related to tax evasion and money laundering in a Mumbai court.
According to reports, Ali has been charged under the Prevention of Corruption Act. Besides, the ED also filed a chargesheet against Khan’s close aide Kashinath Tapuriah, a Kolkata-based businessman, who is also under scrutiny over tax evasion..
The development also coincides with the suspension of a top ED officer for allegedly conducting a shoddy probe into the Hasan Ali Khan case in 2007.
ED officer Amrinder Kumar Singh, who was suspended on Thursday, is also likely to face a departmental inquiry in this regard.
Khan is accused of stashing USD eight billion in foreign banks including UBS Bank in Zurich, while Tapuriah is accused of aiding Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'