Mumbai: ED files chargesheet against Hasan Ali
Mumbai: The Enforcement Directorate (ED)on Friday filed a chargesheet against Pune-based businessman Hassan Ali in connection with cases related to tax evasion and money laundering in a Mumbai court.
According to reports, Ali has been charged under the Prevention of Corruption Act. Besides, the ED also filed a chargesheet against Khan’s close aide Kashinath Tapuriah, a Kolkata-based businessman, who is also under scrutiny over tax evasion..
The development also coincides with the suspension of a top ED officer for allegedly conducting a shoddy probe into the Hasan Ali Khan case in 2007.
ED officer Amrinder Kumar Singh, who was suspended on Thursday, is also likely to face a departmental inquiry in this regard.
Khan is accused of stashing USD eight billion in foreign banks including UBS Bank in Zurich, while Tapuriah is accused of aiding Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks