Mumbai: ED files chargesheet against Hasan Ali
Mumbai: The Enforcement Directorate (ED)on Friday filed a chargesheet against Pune-based businessman Hassan Ali in connection with cases related to tax evasion and money laundering in a Mumbai court.
According to reports, Ali has been charged under the Prevention of Corruption Act. Besides, the ED also filed a chargesheet against Khan’s close aide Kashinath Tapuriah, a Kolkata-based businessman, who is also under scrutiny over tax evasion..
The development also coincides with the suspension of a top ED officer for allegedly conducting a shoddy probe into the Hasan Ali Khan case in 2007.
ED officer Amrinder Kumar Singh, who was suspended on Thursday, is also likely to face a departmental inquiry in this regard.
Khan is accused of stashing USD eight billion in foreign banks including UBS Bank in Zurich, while Tapuriah is accused of aiding Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'