Mumbai: ED files chargesheet against Hasan Ali
Mumbai: The Enforcement Directorate (ED)on Friday filed a chargesheet against Pune-based businessman Hassan Ali in connection with cases related to tax evasion and money laundering in a Mumbai court.
According to reports, Ali has been charged under the Prevention of Corruption Act. Besides, the ED also filed a chargesheet against Khan’s close aide Kashinath Tapuriah, a Kolkata-based businessman, who is also under scrutiny over tax evasion..
The development also coincides with the suspension of a top ED officer for allegedly conducting a shoddy probe into the Hasan Ali Khan case in 2007.
ED officer Amrinder Kumar Singh, who was suspended on Thursday, is also likely to face a departmental inquiry in this regard.
Khan is accused of stashing USD eight billion in foreign banks including UBS Bank in Zurich, while Tapuriah is accused of aiding Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...