Mumbai gang-rape victim recounts Shakti Mills horror
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a sensational revelation a 19-year-old girl told Zee Media that she was gang-raped in the Shakti Mills complex in Mumbai on July 31, by some of the accused who have been arrested for sexually assaulting a photojournalist on August 22.
While narrating her ordeal to the news channel, the 19-year-old girl working in a call centre said that she was repeatedly gang-raped on July 31 when she and her male friend had gone to the desolate Shakti Mills compound in the evening.
The victim also said that her male friend was tied with her dupatta and badly beaten by the accused.
While appealing for justice, the girl demanded castration of all the accused so that they become incapable of repeating such a heinous act.
A few days ago the 19-year-old had told the police that she recognised the assailants from the sketches released after the assault on the 22-year-old photojournalist and her male colleague last month.
They were accosted by the same five now in custody and employed the same modus operandi to trap them, the complaint said.
She said the accused raped her and she recognized them after their sketches were flashed in the media.
The five accused in police custody are Salim Ansari, Vijay Jadhav, Mohammed Kasim Shaikh alias Kasim Bengali, Siraj Khan and a minor. All of them have been charged with various offences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why