Mumbai gang-rape victim recounts Shakti Mills horror
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a sensational revelation a 19-year-old girl told Zee Media that she was gang-raped in the Shakti Mills complex in Mumbai on July 31, by some of the accused who have been arrested for sexually assaulting a photojournalist on August 22.
While narrating her ordeal to the news channel, the 19-year-old girl working in a call centre said that she was repeatedly gang-raped on July 31 when she and her male friend had gone to the desolate Shakti Mills compound in the evening.
The victim also said that her male friend was tied with her dupatta and badly beaten by the accused.
While appealing for justice, the girl demanded castration of all the accused so that they become incapable of repeating such a heinous act.
A few days ago the 19-year-old had told the police that she recognised the assailants from the sketches released after the assault on the 22-year-old photojournalist and her male colleague last month.
They were accosted by the same five now in custody and employed the same modus operandi to trap them, the complaint said.
She said the accused raped her and she recognized them after their sketches were flashed in the media.
The five accused in police custody are Salim Ansari, Vijay Jadhav, Mohammed Kasim Shaikh alias Kasim Bengali, Siraj Khan and a minor. All of them have been charged with various offences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends