Mumbai journalist`s funeral in afternoon
Mumbai: The funeral of senior crime journalist Jyotindra Dey, who was killed in a daylight attack a day earlier, will be held here Sunday afternoon, family sources said.
Dey`s body was brought to his family residence in Ghatkopar where it will be kept till noon for the media fraternity to pay their last respects.
Later, it will be taken in a procession to the Rajawadi Crematorium where the last rites will be performed.
Dey was the special investigations editor at Mumbai-based eveninger Mid Day. He had been covering the mafia extensively for over two decades.
He was shot dead by four unidentified motorcycle-borne assailants while he riding on his bike near his residence in Powai Saturday afternoon, sending shockwaves in the city`s media circles.
Though the police have yet to make headway in cracking the case, they have recovered vital clues on the killers from the footage of a CCTV installed in a building in Powai.
The brazen daylight murder has been condemned by journalist organisations all over the state, NGOs and prominent personalities while the Maharashtra government has assured that it would nab the culprits at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy