Mumbai most expensive city for evening out, Delhi second
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Mumbai is the most expensive city for an evening out, followed by Delhi as per a survey.
The survey compared the cost of an evening out by taking into account costs for two people to a pre-meal cocktail, a meal out and taxis.
It also took into account an overnight stay for two during the months of June to August.
The cost as per the Survey comes to Rs 10,771.76.
Last year the most expensive city for evening out was Kolkata but this year Mumbai has taken the top place.
Meanwhile, Delhi was placed second among all Indian cities surveyed. It was followed by Chennai and Bangalore.
In Delhi a meal for two with wine would cost Rs 2,845, two cocktails Rs 1670, two taxi journey of two miles each ways Rs 128 and hotel room (4-4.5 star) Rs 5,469. Total cost would come to Rs 10,112.
On the other hand, Jaipur emerged as the most budget-friendly city. The cost for an evening out there would come to Rs 7,625.32.
When it comes to international cities, London is considered the most expensive city. The British capital is followed by Paris, New York, Stockholm. The least expensive city for Indian travellers is said to be Hanoi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'