Mumbai most expensive city for evening out, Delhi second
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Mumbai is the most expensive city for an evening out, followed by Delhi as per a survey.
The survey compared the cost of an evening out by taking into account costs for two people to a pre-meal cocktail, a meal out and taxis.
It also took into account an overnight stay for two during the months of June to August.
The cost as per the Survey comes to Rs 10,771.76.
Last year the most expensive city for evening out was Kolkata but this year Mumbai has taken the top place.
Meanwhile, Delhi was placed second among all Indian cities surveyed. It was followed by Chennai and Bangalore.
In Delhi a meal for two with wine would cost Rs 2,845, two cocktails Rs 1670, two taxi journey of two miles each ways Rs 128 and hotel room (4-4.5 star) Rs 5,469. Total cost would come to Rs 10,112.
On the other hand, Jaipur emerged as the most budget-friendly city. The cost for an evening out there would come to Rs 7,625.32.
When it comes to international cities, London is considered the most expensive city. The British capital is followed by Paris, New York, Stockholm. The least expensive city for Indian travellers is said to be Hanoi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy