Mumbai Police probe Headley`s links to 26/11 attacks
Mumbai: Police are investigating whether
David Coleman Headley, arrested by the FBI for allegedly
conspiring to carry out terror attacks in India, had any role
in the Mumbai terror attacks, a senior crime branch official
said on Sunday.
"We are probing if Headley was involved in various terror
activities here including the 26/11 terror strikes. He had an
office in AC market building in Tardeo in south Mumbai. Crime
branch team has earlier visited the building," Joint Police
Commissioner Rakesh Maria told a news agency.
"Headley had visited Mumbai on several occasions and we
have all details as to where he stayed and for how long,"
Maria, who supervised the 26/11 terror attacks probe, said.
According to sources, Headley`s office used to provide
visa and travel facilities.
The 49-year-old Headley was arrested last month at
Chicago`s O`Hare International Airport as he prepared to board
a flight to Philadelphia, intending to travel to Pakistan.
FBI also arrested Tahawwur Hussain Rana, 48, a Canadian
citizen of Pakistani origin, for his alleged involvement in
Meanwhile, the AC market building was also visited by
"Since the area comes in our police station jurisdiction,
I along with my team had gone there," Inspector of Tardeo
Police Station A K Padhare said, refusing to divulge further
details, saying Crime Branch was investigating the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow