Mumbai Police probe Headley`s links to 26/11 attacks
Mumbai: Police are investigating whether
David Coleman Headley, arrested by the FBI for allegedly
conspiring to carry out terror attacks in India, had any role
in the Mumbai terror attacks, a senior crime branch official
said on Sunday.
"We are probing if Headley was involved in various terror
activities here including the 26/11 terror strikes. He had an
office in AC market building in Tardeo in south Mumbai. Crime
branch team has earlier visited the building," Joint Police
Commissioner Rakesh Maria told a news agency.
"Headley had visited Mumbai on several occasions and we
have all details as to where he stayed and for how long,"
Maria, who supervised the 26/11 terror attacks probe, said.
According to sources, Headley`s office used to provide
visa and travel facilities.
The 49-year-old Headley was arrested last month at
Chicago`s O`Hare International Airport as he prepared to board
a flight to Philadelphia, intending to travel to Pakistan.
FBI also arrested Tahawwur Hussain Rana, 48, a Canadian
citizen of Pakistani origin, for his alleged involvement in
Meanwhile, the AC market building was also visited by
"Since the area comes in our police station jurisdiction,
I along with my team had gone there," Inspector of Tardeo
Police Station A K Padhare said, refusing to divulge further
details, saying Crime Branch was investigating the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?