Mumbai police to confront Jundal with Kasab
Mumbai: Having sought the custody of alleged LeT handler of 26/11 terrorists Abu Jundal from a Delhi court, Mumbai police are now gearing up to confront him with the lone surviving perpetrator of the brazen attacks Ajmal Kasab.
"We hope to get the custody of Jundal at the earliest so that we can grill him. We would also like to confront him with Kasab," a senior crime branch officer told PTI.
Requesting anonymity, the officer said Jundal`s interrogation will throw "complete light" on what went before, during and after the audacious strike in Pakistan, where the conspiracy was hatched.
A separate trial would be held against Jundal for his role in the 26/11 attacks, he said.
Mumbai police`s Crime Branch today moved Delhi Chief Metropolitan Magistrate seeking Jundal`s custody in connection with various cases of murder, attempt to murder and other offences under the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and the Arms Act, being probed by them.
Ending a 43-month international hunt, Sayed Zabiuddin alias Abu Jundal, was arrested on his arrival in the national capital on June 21 after being deported by Saudi Arabia on India`s request. He is currently in the custody of Special Cell of Delhi Police.
30-year-old Zabiuddin is an Indian national who is claimed to have issued directions to the 10 Pakistani perpetrators of the 26/11 attacks from a `control room` in that country. The bloody mayhem had claimed 166 lives including foreigners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand