Mumbai Police trims security cover of celebs
Mumbai: In a move that is bound to raise voices of dissent in Bollywood as well as political circles, the Mumbai Police has removed the security cover provided to 54 famous personalities.
It has further downgraded the police protection given to 24 others. In all, the Mumbai Police was providing protection to 78 people.
Among those whose security cover has been totally removed included Bollywood personalities Karan Johar, Firoz Nadiadwala, Himesh Reshammiya, Vivek Oberoi and Pritish Nandy.
Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray’s PA Ravindra Mhatre, former IPL chairman Lalit Modi’s son Ruchir and daughter Aliya, Narayan Rane’s PAs Ravi Kamath and Ravi Shedge, and politician-turned-reality-star Rahul Mahajan have also lost their security cover.
Additionally, the security cover of superstar Shah Rukh Khan, lawyer Majid Memon, Lalit Modi and his wife Minal, former home minister Jayant Patil`s family, and politicians Nawab Malik and Suresh Prabhu has been downgraded.
The move comes in the wake of concerns that most had sought protection as a status symbol.
Questions were also raised as it was believed that several people with underworld connections had also got protection from the Mumbai Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday