Mumbai woman jumps off 19th floor with two kids
Mumbai: A 30-year-old woman Tuesday jumped to her death from the 19th floor of a building with her two children, police said. All three died on the spot, eyewitnesses recounted.
The tragic incident took place in suburban Malad`s Sahyadri Building. Nidhi Pawan Gupta, who stayed on the ninth floor of the building, took a lift to the 18th floor with her children, Gaurav (10) and Mayika (3), climbed to the 19th floor and jumped off, said an eyewitness.
"She got into the lift from the ninth floor with both her kids; the girl was dressed in a school uniform. She asked to go to the 18th floor," the eyewitness said.
"When I came back to the ground floor only minutes later, I was told about the incident. I am shocked," he added.
The bodies have been sent for autopsy. "The reason for the suicide is not known, but we are looking into it," an officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery