Mumbai woman jumps off 19th floor with two kids
Mumbai: A 30-year-old woman Tuesday jumped to her death from the 19th floor of a building with her two children, police said. All three died on the spot, eyewitnesses recounted.
The tragic incident took place in suburban Malad`s Sahyadri Building. Nidhi Pawan Gupta, who stayed on the ninth floor of the building, took a lift to the 18th floor with her children, Gaurav (10) and Mayika (3), climbed to the 19th floor and jumped off, said an eyewitness.
"She got into the lift from the ninth floor with both her kids; the girl was dressed in a school uniform. She asked to go to the 18th floor," the eyewitness said.
"When I came back to the ground floor only minutes later, I was told about the incident. I am shocked," he added.
The bodies have been sent for autopsy. "The reason for the suicide is not known, but we are looking into it," an officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Manohar Parrikar says Pampore attack an act of frustration; orders probe
- Virat Kohli: Homework was a 'big headache'
- Three more Indian athletes qualify for Rio Olympics
- 'Reprogrammed' bacteria eat carbon dioxide to produce sugars
- Government eliminates 1.6 crore bogus ration cards, to save Rs 10,000 crore