Munde slams PM`s statement on Bodh Gaya blasts
Mumbai: Criticising Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over his statement about the Bodh Gaya serial blasts, senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde on Thursday said India should have "zero tolerance" towards terrorism.
"After every blast, PM Manmohan Singh says that the government will take strict action against terrorists, but he has completed nine years as PM and no such action has been seen from him," Munde said here, while paying homage to victims of the July 11, 2006 Mumbai train blasts.
Praising Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for good governance, he said, "During the past 12 years, Gujarat has not witnessed even a single terrorist incident of riot. Modi has taken appropriate decisions, which the Central government should also follow."
Speaking about the July 11 Mumbai train blasts of 2006, he expressed disappointment about the probe as well as the trial process and said the investigation should be handed over to the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
"Only the ATS and Mumbai police have probed the blast. The probe should be handed over to NIA. If our party comes to power, we will complete the trial process within one year and award punishment to the accused," Munde said.
About his statement on his election expenditure during the 2009 Lok Sabha elections, he said that he has been given time by the Income Tax Department and the Election Commission until July 19 to reply to their notice.
He would consult his advocate and take a decision on it, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal