Munde slams PM`s statement on Bodh Gaya blasts
Mumbai: Criticising Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over his statement about the Bodh Gaya serial blasts, senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde on Thursday said India should have "zero tolerance" towards terrorism.
"After every blast, PM Manmohan Singh says that the government will take strict action against terrorists, but he has completed nine years as PM and no such action has been seen from him," Munde said here, while paying homage to victims of the July 11, 2006 Mumbai train blasts.
Praising Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for good governance, he said, "During the past 12 years, Gujarat has not witnessed even a single terrorist incident of riot. Modi has taken appropriate decisions, which the Central government should also follow."
Speaking about the July 11 Mumbai train blasts of 2006, he expressed disappointment about the probe as well as the trial process and said the investigation should be handed over to the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
"Only the ATS and Mumbai police have probed the blast. The probe should be handed over to NIA. If our party comes to power, we will complete the trial process within one year and award punishment to the accused," Munde said.
About his statement on his election expenditure during the 2009 Lok Sabha elections, he said that he has been given time by the Income Tax Department and the Election Commission until July 19 to reply to their notice.
He would consult his advocate and take a decision on it, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India