Murders of BJP leaders shows systematic attempt to instigate violence: Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Spiritual Guru Sri Sri Ravi Shankar said on Sunday that the murders of BJP leaders in two weeks showed a systematic attempt to instigate violence.
He also said that it needed to be nipped in the bud.
Sri Sri posted on the micro-blogging site Twitter - “Politically motivated murders of 4 BJP leaders in 2 weeks clearly shows a systematic attempt to instigate violence. Must be nipped right away.”
Politically motivated murders of 4 BJP leaders in 2 weeks clearly shows a systematic attempt to instigate violence;Must be nipped right away
— Sri Sri Ravi Shankar (@SriSri) June 15, 2014
A series of BJP leaders have been killed in the past two weeks.
The most recent being Rakesh Rastogi, whose dead body was recovered by the police in a Santro car early this morning at the Baheri-Nanital highway. He was BJP leader from Uttarakhand.
Laxmikant Bajpai, President of Uttar Pradesh state unit said, "I have had a word with the concerned authorities for enquiry in the case of BJP leader, Rakesh Rastogi`s in Baheri and we have demanded immediate enquiry in the matter," ANI reported.
Other BJP leaders who have been killed in the recent past are Vijay Pandit and Omveer Singh who were shot dead in Greater Noida and Muzaffarnagar respectively.
With ANI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'