Music company claims receiving calls in PM`s name
New Delhi: Days after hoax calls to Attorney General G E Vahanvati by a person posing as Congress chief Sonia Gandhi sent security agencies into a tizzy, police today said a music company had received threatening calls from someone claiming to be the prime minister.
According to the complaint filed by Ved Prakash Chanana, a resident of Greater Kailash-II, with the Crime Branch of Delhi Police, officials of his Super Cassettes Industries had received calls not just in the name of the prime minister but also other politicians like BJP leader Shatrughan Sinha and RJD chief Lalu Prasad.
The complaint said the callers have been threatening to eliminate the officials and get the company shut if they don`t favour one Kishan Kumar who had been working as the Liaison Consultant of the firm.
"The officials were asked to clear his bills, to give him a chamber among others favours. Fed up of regular calls, the company removed Kumar from his job on June 30.
"However, the calls did not stop after that. A person recently called up the Manager (CMD) Veer Singh of the company and after identifying himself as the prime minister, asked him not to mess with Kumar," said a police official.
"We have received a complaint in this regard yesterday and a case under various sections has been registered. A manhunt has been launched to nab Kishan Kumar as all calls were made for him. Now, whether he made these calls himself or roped in somebody else to do so, all these questions can be answered once we get him," said Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime) Ravindra Yadav.
Company officials have submitted the list of mobile numbers from which calls were made to them and also the recording of such calls to the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok