Muslim body sets up relief fund for U’khand victims
Lucknow: The All India Shia Personal Board (AISPLB) has set up a relief fund for the people hit by the nature’s fury in Uttarakhand, and has asked the Muslim community to generously donate to it.
“Humanity is the biggest religion for all and everyone should come forward to help the sufferers. We appeal to Muslims to donate open-heartedly,” AISPLB spokesperson Maulana Yasoob Abbas said.
Abbas said the calamity is a result of over-exploitation of natural resources.
All India Muslim Personal Law Board Maulana Khalid Rasheed Farangimahli also appealed to individuals and Muslim organisations to donate generously for the tragedy-hit people.
Meanwhile, people from Muslim community today offered special prayers for the Uttarakhand victims at various mosques across the state capital.
Prayers were organised in Asifi, Tile Wali Masjid, Idgah, Dargah Hazrat Abbas, Ek Minara, Tehsin and Juma mosques of the city.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- View from space: Bahamas reef looks like a watercolor painting!
- Madame Tussauds to unveil PM Narendra Modi's wax statue in London today
- WATCH: Hilarious! Chris Gayle performs on 'Champion' song; asks fans to contact him for bookings
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: SC to hear plea next week on FIR against 'bribe-takers'
- Wow! KFC India to replace plastic packaging with edible bowls!