Muslim body sets up relief fund for U’khand victims
Lucknow: The All India Shia Personal Board (AISPLB) has set up a relief fund for the people hit by the nature’s fury in Uttarakhand, and has asked the Muslim community to generously donate to it.
“Humanity is the biggest religion for all and everyone should come forward to help the sufferers. We appeal to Muslims to donate open-heartedly,” AISPLB spokesperson Maulana Yasoob Abbas said.
Abbas said the calamity is a result of over-exploitation of natural resources.
All India Muslim Personal Law Board Maulana Khalid Rasheed Farangimahli also appealed to individuals and Muslim organisations to donate generously for the tragedy-hit people.
Meanwhile, people from Muslim community today offered special prayers for the Uttarakhand victims at various mosques across the state capital.
Prayers were organised in Asifi, Tile Wali Masjid, Idgah, Dargah Hazrat Abbas, Ek Minara, Tehsin and Juma mosques of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP triumphs across state; hung verdict in BMC elections