Muslim body sets up relief fund for U’khand victims
Lucknow: The All India Shia Personal Board (AISPLB) has set up a relief fund for the people hit by the nature’s fury in Uttarakhand, and has asked the Muslim community to generously donate to it.
“Humanity is the biggest religion for all and everyone should come forward to help the sufferers. We appeal to Muslims to donate open-heartedly,” AISPLB spokesperson Maulana Yasoob Abbas said.
Abbas said the calamity is a result of over-exploitation of natural resources.
All India Muslim Personal Law Board Maulana Khalid Rasheed Farangimahli also appealed to individuals and Muslim organisations to donate generously for the tragedy-hit people.
Meanwhile, people from Muslim community today offered special prayers for the Uttarakhand victims at various mosques across the state capital.
Prayers were organised in Asifi, Tile Wali Masjid, Idgah, Dargah Hazrat Abbas, Ek Minara, Tehsin and Juma mosques of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie