Muslim cleric issues warning, serial scripted by Taslima Nasreen unlikely to be aired
Zee Media Bureau
Kolkata: The telecast of a Bengali TV serial based on Bangladesh author Taslima Nasreen`s script, has run into trouble with Maulana Nurur Rahman Barkati, Shahi Imam of the Tipu Sultan Mosque issuing a warning to the channel asking it not to broadcast the programme.
Barkati is said to have met West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in this regard.
The serial named `Dusahobas’ is scripted by Taslima Nasreen and was scheduled to be aired tonight on Aakash Aath channel.
Reports suggest that Koklata police have asked the channel authorities not to telecast the serial.
According to Nasreen, the serial will portray women in strong roles, fighting against oppression and demanding their rights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'