Muslim forum demands fresh probe into various blasts
Lucknow: All India Muslim Majlis on Saturday
demanded fresh investigation into Mecca Masjid, Samjhauta
Express and Malegaon blasts in the wake of statement given by
"Swami Aseemanand in his statement given before the
court on December 18 has revealed some names which had made
clear that Muslims arrested in these blasts were innocent,"
president of the organisation, Yusuf Habeen told reporters.
"A judicial court of inquiry should be constituted for
fresh probe into these incidents," he said.
Despite revelations made by Aseemanand, innocent
Muslim youths were still behind the bars and cases against
them were not withdrawn, Habeen claimed.
The Muslim leader also supported the appointment of
Maulana Gulam Vastanvi as the Vice-Chancellor of Darul Uloom
Deoband, saying those spreading politics in the seminary
should be controlled.
He alleged that politics was being done against
Vastanvi and students were being used.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Rouhani allies seek control of parliament in Iran vote
- First US Zika-related death in Puerto Rico
- Hope intellectuals from India, China take part in Mind and Life conference: Dalai Lama
- Despite carnage, Syria`s Aleppo not in fighting `freeze`
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5