Muslim forum demands fresh probe into various blasts
Lucknow: All India Muslim Majlis on Saturday
demanded fresh investigation into Mecca Masjid, Samjhauta
Express and Malegaon blasts in the wake of statement given by
"Swami Aseemanand in his statement given before the
court on December 18 has revealed some names which had made
clear that Muslims arrested in these blasts were innocent,"
president of the organisation, Yusuf Habeen told reporters.
"A judicial court of inquiry should be constituted for
fresh probe into these incidents," he said.
Despite revelations made by Aseemanand, innocent
Muslim youths were still behind the bars and cases against
them were not withdrawn, Habeen claimed.
The Muslim leader also supported the appointment of
Maulana Gulam Vastanvi as the Vice-Chancellor of Darul Uloom
Deoband, saying those spreading politics in the seminary
should be controlled.
He alleged that politics was being done against
Vastanvi and students were being used.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites