Muslim group condemns attack on Buddhist temple
New Delhi: The All India Muslim Majlis-e Mushawarat (AIMMM), the umbrella body of Muslim organisations, has condemned the terror attack on the Mahabodhi temple in Bihar.
AIMMM president Zafarul-Islam Khan described the attack as "cowardly" and "utterly inhuman".
He said in a statement: "We have all the goodwill for our Buddhist brothers and sisters and want the best of relations with them all over the world."
A string of bomb attacks rocked the Mahabodhi temple premises, where Lord Buddha attained enlightenment, Sunday morning, injuring two monks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon