Muslim Law Board demands amendment to RTE
Silchar (Assam): All India Muslim Personal Law Board on Tuesday demanded immediate amendment to the Right to Education Act, Wakf Bill and Direct Taxes Code Bill among others.
The Board has launched a campaign throughout the country to spread awareness among the people regarding these laws and the need to get it amended, Boards` All India Executive Members Maulana Taibur Rahman Barbhuiya and Maulana Ataur Rahman Mazarbhuiya, who is also the Katigorah MLA, told PTI.
The Right to Education Act was not suited for Madrassa and other educational systems which will end up as losers in the field of education, they claimed.
They also demanded amendment of some clauses of the Wakf Bill, 2010 or its replacement with a more effective Act while under the Direct Taxes Code Bill, income tax has been imposed on mosques, temples and other places of religious worship and social organisations which should be changed immediately.
The Board has launched a similar campaign in Assam and four meetings have been organised from July three to seven at Badarpur, Hailakandi, Silchar and Achimganj and if no step was taken to amend these, the Board would launch a movement across the country, the duo added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown