Muslim Law Board demands amendment to RTE
Silchar (Assam): All India Muslim Personal Law Board on Tuesday demanded immediate amendment to the Right to Education Act, Wakf Bill and Direct Taxes Code Bill among others.
The Board has launched a campaign throughout the country to spread awareness among the people regarding these laws and the need to get it amended, Boards` All India Executive Members Maulana Taibur Rahman Barbhuiya and Maulana Ataur Rahman Mazarbhuiya, who is also the Katigorah MLA, told PTI.
The Right to Education Act was not suited for Madrassa and other educational systems which will end up as losers in the field of education, they claimed.
They also demanded amendment of some clauses of the Wakf Bill, 2010 or its replacement with a more effective Act while under the Direct Taxes Code Bill, income tax has been imposed on mosques, temples and other places of religious worship and social organisations which should be changed immediately.
The Board has launched a similar campaign in Assam and four meetings have been organised from July three to seven at Badarpur, Hailakandi, Silchar and Achimganj and if no step was taken to amend these, the Board would launch a movement across the country, the duo added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened