Muslim quota should be withdrawn: VHP
Varanasi: Speaking out against reservation
for Muslims, the VHP has said it will launch a "peaceful"
agitation if the central government`s decision to secure 4.5
per cent Muslim quota within the 27 per cent reservation for
OBCs is not withdrawn.
"The hurried step of 4.5 per cent quota to Muslims in the
27 per cent OBC reservation by the central government was
contrary to the constitution and was taken with an aim to
destroy the democratic rights of the majority," VHP executive
president Praveen Togadia alleged.
A nationwide agitation, the `Hindu Roti Bachao Andolan,`
will be launched against the decision, he said addressing a
press conference here yesterday.
The Congress-led UPA had thrown "fodder" in front of
Muslims, he alleged, adding that the government has taken away
the facilities of education, employment and bank loan from
OBCs through this and also the rights of the most-backward
This step may pave the way for religion-based
reservation, which is not allowed in the constitution, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum