Muslim quota should be withdrawn: VHP
Varanasi: Speaking out against reservation
for Muslims, the VHP has said it will launch a "peaceful"
agitation if the central government`s decision to secure 4.5
per cent Muslim quota within the 27 per cent reservation for
OBCs is not withdrawn.
"The hurried step of 4.5 per cent quota to Muslims in the
27 per cent OBC reservation by the central government was
contrary to the constitution and was taken with an aim to
destroy the democratic rights of the majority," VHP executive
president Praveen Togadia alleged.
A nationwide agitation, the `Hindu Roti Bachao Andolan,`
will be launched against the decision, he said addressing a
press conference here yesterday.
The Congress-led UPA had thrown "fodder" in front of
Muslims, he alleged, adding that the government has taken away
the facilities of education, employment and bank loan from
OBCs through this and also the rights of the most-backward
This step may pave the way for religion-based
reservation, which is not allowed in the constitution, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video