Muslim quota should be withdrawn: VHP
Varanasi: Speaking out against reservation
for Muslims, the VHP has said it will launch a "peaceful"
agitation if the central government`s decision to secure 4.5
per cent Muslim quota within the 27 per cent reservation for
OBCs is not withdrawn.
"The hurried step of 4.5 per cent quota to Muslims in the
27 per cent OBC reservation by the central government was
contrary to the constitution and was taken with an aim to
destroy the democratic rights of the majority," VHP executive
president Praveen Togadia alleged.
A nationwide agitation, the `Hindu Roti Bachao Andolan,`
will be launched against the decision, he said addressing a
press conference here yesterday.
The Congress-led UPA had thrown "fodder" in front of
Muslims, he alleged, adding that the government has taken away
the facilities of education, employment and bank loan from
OBCs through this and also the rights of the most-backward
This step may pave the way for religion-based
reservation, which is not allowed in the constitution, he
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory