Muslim quota should be withdrawn: VHP
Varanasi: Speaking out against reservation
for Muslims, the VHP has said it will launch a "peaceful"
agitation if the central government`s decision to secure 4.5
per cent Muslim quota within the 27 per cent reservation for
OBCs is not withdrawn.
"The hurried step of 4.5 per cent quota to Muslims in the
27 per cent OBC reservation by the central government was
contrary to the constitution and was taken with an aim to
destroy the democratic rights of the majority," VHP executive
president Praveen Togadia alleged.
A nationwide agitation, the `Hindu Roti Bachao Andolan,`
will be launched against the decision, he said addressing a
press conference here yesterday.
The Congress-led UPA had thrown "fodder" in front of
Muslims, he alleged, adding that the government has taken away
the facilities of education, employment and bank loan from
OBCs through this and also the rights of the most-backward
This step may pave the way for religion-based
reservation, which is not allowed in the constitution, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo