Muslim reservation: Cong intention not pure, says Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday said it was for the Congress to comment on the order of the Andhra Pradesh High Court striking down 4.5 per cent sub-quota to minorities within OBC reservation in central educational institutions and jobs.
"The Congress intention for giving reservation to Muslims is not pure and the party is raising the issue to mislead Muslims," the chief minister told reporters here.
He said if the Congress was at all interested in giving reservation to Muslims, it should bring an amendment to the Constitution on the issue.
"The Congress should be asked why it started raising these things at the time of the UP elections," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav