Muslim reservation: Cong intention not pure, says Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday said it was for the Congress to comment on the order of the Andhra Pradesh High Court striking down 4.5 per cent sub-quota to minorities within OBC reservation in central educational institutions and jobs.
"The Congress intention for giving reservation to Muslims is not pure and the party is raising the issue to mislead Muslims," the chief minister told reporters here.
He said if the Congress was at all interested in giving reservation to Muslims, it should bring an amendment to the Constitution on the issue.
"The Congress should be asked why it started raising these things at the time of the UP elections," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Watch: Dwayne DJ Bravo gives rib-tickling sneak-peek into upcoming episode of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- Sting row: Harish Rawat asked to appear before CBI on May 24
- Soldier wounded in gunfight in Kashmir dies
- Tata Motors in talks to set up car unit in Iran
- Nitin Gadkari-led BJP delegation meets President Pranab Mukhrejee over Kerala violence