Muslim woman from Pakistan ties rakhi to Hindu man in MP
Harda (MP): Pakistani national Shahida Khaleel`s happiness knew no bounds when she finally got an opportunity to travel to India from Karachi to tie rakhi to a Hindu man in Harda, whom she considers her brother.
After five years of efforts, the 45-year-old Shahida finally got a visa to visit India, and came to Harda yesterday to tie rakhi to Pankaj Bafna, who is her cousin`s friend.
"I had been trying to obtain a visa to India for the past five years. Finally, I got the visa three days back," Shahida told a news agencyhere today.
She said her family had moved to Pakistan about thirty years back, though her uncle had settled in Harda.
"During my childhood I would visit Harda. However, I could not come to India for a long time. Pankaj, who is my cousin Dilip Khan`s friend, had been inviting me to celebrate Raksha Bandhan here. This year I finally got a chance and tied him a rakhi," she said.
46-year-old Pankaj, who is as happy on Shahida`s coming, said besides tying rakhi, Shahida gifted him an idol of Lord Ganesh.
Pankaj`s mother Indubala said that the love between her son and Shahida was an example for everyone. "I pray that relations between India and Pakistan also remain cordial always," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Mafia don's calls: Maharashtra minister hits back at AAP
- Digvijay Singh seeks judicial probe into fake Batla House encounter
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against Arvind Kejriwal govt, Centre on May 28
- Watch video: Baby bison is attacked by a wolf – what happens next will give you goosebumps!
- Kejriwal gives one week deadline to discoms to solve outages problem