Muslim woman from Pakistan ties rakhi to Hindu man in MP
Harda (MP): Pakistani national Shahida Khaleel`s happiness knew no bounds when she finally got an opportunity to travel to India from Karachi to tie rakhi to a Hindu man in Harda, whom she considers her brother.
After five years of efforts, the 45-year-old Shahida finally got a visa to visit India, and came to Harda yesterday to tie rakhi to Pankaj Bafna, who is her cousin`s friend.
"I had been trying to obtain a visa to India for the past five years. Finally, I got the visa three days back," Shahida told a news agencyhere today.
She said her family had moved to Pakistan about thirty years back, though her uncle had settled in Harda.
"During my childhood I would visit Harda. However, I could not come to India for a long time. Pankaj, who is my cousin Dilip Khan`s friend, had been inviting me to celebrate Raksha Bandhan here. This year I finally got a chance and tied him a rakhi," she said.
46-year-old Pankaj, who is as happy on Shahida`s coming, said besides tying rakhi, Shahida gifted him an idol of Lord Ganesh.
Pankaj`s mother Indubala said that the love between her son and Shahida was an example for everyone. "I pray that relations between India and Pakistan also remain cordial always," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- China says has stopped communication mechanism with Taiwan
- Sultry morning in city
- European leaders to discuss EU future after Brexit shock
- Robert Vadra calls Subramanian Swamy `attention seeking`, `deplorable and classist` over 'waiter' remark
- WhatsApp users now make over 100 million calls everyday!