Muslims not scared of Narendra Modi becoming PM: Jamiat Ulama
Guwahati: The Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind on Friday said it was not worried about the safety and security of Muslims if Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi became the Prime Minister.
"We are not worried about any Modi. Even if 50 Modis come, we are not afraid. We are not afraid of anyone," Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind President Maulana Syed Arshad Madani told reporters here.
He was asked whether there was any fear among Muslims if Modi became Prime Minister on account of the Gujarat riots.
Modi was given a clean chit by an Ahmedabad court after the SIT report did not name him of involvement in the Gujarat riots of 2002.
"Hindus and Muslims both are originally from this country and they have been living peacefully for centuries. Fighting does not solve any problem. Everyone should live with love and affection," Madani said.
He, however, said that a number of innocent Muslims have been killed in fake encounters after being labelled terrorists.
Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind is organising a religious conference on February 28 at Amoni in Nagaon district.
It will be attended by the Grand Imam of Medina Munawara Mosque Abdul Mehsin al-Qasim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened